1. overbook (v) to accept more reservations for than there is room for 超額預訂
Many people were inconvenienced because the flight had been overbooked.
2. volunteer (v) to freely offer to do something 自願
I often volunteer to help out at the animal shelter.
3. incident (n) an event or occurrence 事件
The incident was reported in the newspaper.
4. controversial (adj.) likely to cause public disagreement 有爭議的
The celebrity’s remarks about black people were very controversial.
5. reveal (v) to make (previously unknown information) known to others 透露，洩漏
Kyle didn’t want to reveal what he knew.
6. patient (n) a person receiving medical treatment 病人
Dr. Stevens didn’t have many patients to treat that day.
7. corporate (adj.) relating to a corporation 公司的，企業的
Mr. Clark is a corporate executive.