1. debate (n) discussion between people who are for/against an issue 辯論，討論
There has been a lot of debate lately about whether we should put stray animals down or not.
2. mandatory (adj) not optional 強制性的，法定的
Getting a health check once per year is mandatory for police officers.
3. optional (adj) can choose to do it 可選擇的，非必須的
Betty is taking French as an optional course in her university program.
4. facilities (n) amenities and equipment required for an activity （大型）設施，特別功能，才能
Facilities at this hotel include a pool, tennis courts, and computer room.
5. otherwise (v) apart from that 在其他情況下，否則（＋後果），以其他方式
This organization provides money to students that otherwise could not afford to go to college.
6. obesity (adj) the condition of being extremely overweight 肥胖，過胖
Believe it or not, obesity is becoming an increasing problem in India.