You definitely know his face. Maybe you are even one of his 92 million followers on Facebook, the world-dominating social media app that he invented when he was a 19-year-old student at Harvard.
But rather than a standard biography explaining how Zuckerberg became the fifth richest person on Earth by the time he was 33, we’d like to share a few interesting things you probably didn’t know about him.
1. Zuckerberg has red-green colorblindness. He can see blue best, which is why Facebook’s main color has always been blue.
2. Have you noticed that he wears the same grey Facebook T-shirt almost every day? But don’t worry; he has more than one of the same shirts. He says that having such a simplewardrobe saves him time by not having to choose which clothing to wear every day.
2. 你注意到他幾乎每天都穿同樣的灰色臉書 T恤嗎？但別擔心，他有不止一件相同的衣服。他說，有這樣一個簡單的衣櫥很省時，因為不用每天選擇該穿哪件衣服。
3. Zuckerberg can speak Mandarin at an intermediate level. How and why did such a busy man decide to learn the world’s most difficult language? According to him, because his wife Priscilla Chan is Chinese, and he likes a good challenge!
4. Zuckerberg is a vegetarian and also interested in Buddhism.
5. Beast, Zuckerberg and Chan’s dog, has a Facebook fan page with nearly 3 million followers.
5. 祖克伯和老婆的狗Beast，擁有一個臉書 粉絲專頁，且有近三百萬名追隨者。
6. Zuckerberg wasn’t a big fan of The Social Network, a movie that portrayed him and the development of Facebook. He said that the movie misrepresented many things about him and his personality.
1. dominate (v) take over, have power/influence over 主宰，支配
One male lion usually dominates a group of female lions.
2. biography (n) a book/movie/article about a person 傳記
Steve Jobs’ biography was released only weeks after he died.
3. colorblindness (n) a condition in which a person can’t tell certain (or all) color(s) apart 色盲
Due to his colorblindness, Kyle didn’t know which pen was the red one.
4. wardrobe (n) all of one’s clothing 所有的衣服
Janelle has such an extensive wardrobe that she has six different closets stuffed with clothes.
5. intermediate (v) Between beginner and advanced. 中級
Lance is an intermediate piano player. Lance
6. portray (n) depict in a work of art of film描寫，描繪
The book portrays him as an evil man, but he really wasn’t.
7. misrepresent (v) give a false or misleading account/portrayal虛假陳述，歪曲
The author of the article misrepresented the views of the politician.
Phrases and Sentence Patterns句型解析
1. by the time (phr) to introduce an event before which something else has already happened 在…之前
By the time we got there, the train had already departed.
2. sb. + be + a fan of + sth. (phr) 愛好者
Miss Lin is not a fan of sweet desserts.