The 60s, 70s, and 80s gave birth to what we know today as classic rock. Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, and Queen are just a few of many famous classic rock bands. But nowadays rock music is branching off into new genres. One of these genres is called post-rock.
Post-rock is a kind of rock music that focuses oncontrast to create a powerful atmosphere. The songs tend to be long and often don’t have any words.Sometimes the music is soft; other times it’s quite hard and energetic. Due partly to this, people say that post rock resembles classical music. It also includes aspects of jazz and electronic music. A unique characteristic of post-rock is that it uses guitars to make different levels of sound. The sounds from the guitars blend together to make a steady buzzing noise, as opposed to clearly changing notes.
One famous post rock band is called Explosions in the Sky. This band was formed in 1999 in Texas and has gained great fame worldwide. The band consists of three electric guitarists and a drummer. Their songs have been shown in a variety of movies, most notably in Friday Night Lights.
Sigur Rós is perhaps the most famous post-rock band. Formed in Iceland in 1994, Sigur Rós has heavily influenced the genre. Their second album, Ágætis byrjun, is considered one of the greatest post-rock albums of all time.
Sigur Rós（席格若斯）大概是最著名的後搖滾樂團。 Sigur Rós於1994年在冰島成立，對後搖滾樂風的影響甚鉅。他們的第二張專輯「好的開始」被認為是歷史上最偉大的後搖滾專輯之一。
1. contrast (n) the state of being strikingly different from something else 對比
The contrast between his skills now and his skills a year ago is quite noticeable.
2. energetic (adj.) involving great activity or vitality 精力充沛的
After all the sugar, the little boy was very energetic. 吃了這麼多糖之後，小男孩精力充沛。
3. resemble (v) to look or seem like 類似
Nick resembles his mother. Nick酷似他的母親。
4. unique (adj.) unlike anything else 獨特的，與眾不同的
You really have a unique smile! 你得確有個獨特的笑容！
5. blend (v) to mix something with something else 混合，融合
Mrs. Watkins blended the paints together to make a new color.
Phrases and Sentence Patterns句型解析
1. give birth to something (idiom) to initiate something 產生某種東西
The 70s gave birth to hip hop. 嘻哈音樂誕生於70年代 。
2. Noun(s), + noun(s), + and noun(s) + are just a few of… (sentence pattern) …其中一部份、幾個…
Corn, wheat, and soybeans are just a few of many agricultural products in the USA. 玉米、小麥和大豆只是美國許多農產品中的一小部分。
3. branch off (phrasal verb) to leave the pain part of something 分岔，分歧
On the map, you can see several streams that branch off from the river.
4. Sometimes + (the) noun + is adj.; + other times + pronoun + is + (quite) adj. (+ and adj.) (sentence pattern) 有時…，其他時候…
Sometimes Josephine is nice; other times she is quite mean.
5. consist of (phrasal verb) to be made up of 由…組成
The typical American breakfast consists of eggs, bacon, toast, cereal, and coffee or juice.
© Hwa jiuh Digital Technology Ltd. All Rights Reserved. Provided by Easy test.
Please do not change any contents and information when you forward this newsletter, and keep all messages of COPYRIGHT. Or you will infringe the rights of Hwa jiuh Digital Technology Ltd..