1. bilingual (adj) speaking two languages雙語的
Jackie is bilingual; she can speak Italian and German fluently.
2. aboriginal (adj) describing an original inhabitant of an area原住民
Aboriginal people have been occupying Australia for 40,000 years.
3. inhabit (v) live in/occupy an area居住，棲息於
People have been inhabiting this river valley since 5000 BC.
4. territory (n) area領土
The north of Canada is a very large territory that is occupied mostly by animals and very few people.
5. maintain (v) keep維持，保持
In order to maintain peace, both sides signed an agreement.
6. province (n) like a state, but used in Canada, China, etc. 省份
China has 23 provinces as well as 11 of special regions.
7. communicate (v) share ideas/information 溝通，聯絡
He can’t speak but he uses sign language and writing to communicate with others